As the days of summer are flying by, it is time for our Green Bay Area Mom book club to announce the titles that we will be reading for the second half of this year. As always, we try to incorporate a healthy mix of genres, including some nonfiction. We also strive to include authors of color to make our reading list as diverse and interesting as possible. So let’s get to it!
This post contains Amazon Associate Links. As an associate, we earn on qualifying purchases.
Book club dates & titles:
- July 25: “The Midnight Library” by Matt Haig (time travel science fiction)
- Aug. 22: “The God of Small Things” by Arundhati Roy (Indian fiction)
- Sept. 19: “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” by Rebecca Skloot (nonfiction, medical)
- Oct. 24: “The Lost Apothecary” by Sarah Penner (magical realism)
- Nov. 21: “There There” by Tommy Orange (Native American literature)
- Dec. 12: “The Four Winds” by Kristin Hannah (historical fiction) **UPDATED DATE**
Not familiar with the Green Bay Area Mom book club? No worries! We have a private Facebook group where we list dates, times, and more information about our in-person meetings. Click here to join the group. It’s also the place where moms who love books and fans of literature talk about their favorite titles, take part in various polls, and recommend authors to other readers. We’d love to have you!
Mark your calendars for the dates above. Our meetings are typically held Monday evenings at 6:30 p.m. in the Titletown district of Green Bay, which has generously partnered with Green Bay Area Mom on this book club endeavor! During the warm weather months, we meet outside on chairs near the entrance to 46 Below. In the winter, our meetings move indoors to one of their gathering spaces; more information on specific locations will be forthcoming.
Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions, concerns, or future book recommendations in the comments! And make a plan to join us for book club!